The growing burden of non-communicable diseases like breast cancer has been linked with inappropriate diet and inadequate physical activity. The need to go back to our roots when making food choices cannot be overemphasized. This simply means eating more of fresh rather than processed, factory made meals.
To increase your chances of prevention, take at least 5 fruits, vegetables and lots of water every day and be sure to be physically active. At least 30 minutes brisk walk a day is recommended!
What Should My Diet Consist Of To Reduce The Risk Of Breast Cancer?
- Maintain a healthy weight by being physically active.
- Choose a diet rich in variety of plant-based foods.
- Do not smoke or use tobacco in any form.
- Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits everyday.
- Select foods low in fat and salts.
- Prepare and store foods safely.
- Lower your alcohol consumption.
- Reduce your meat in take